Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links.If you click on them we may earn a small commission.If subsequently you make a purchase, we might earn a little more.As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.There is no cost to you.see Our Disclosure Policy for more info.
Recently updated on November 26th, 2022 at 03:55 am
Alsace … is a unique corner of France. Here you’ll discover a land of storybook hamlets, fairytale castles, rolling vineyards of Alsacian wines, Baroque, Gothic and Romanesque architecture. For centuries, the great empires of Europe confronted one another at this strategic military and cultural crossroads. As part of Germany from 1870 to 1918, the area’s unique blend of French and German influences are strongly evident in its customs, cuisine, wines, architecture and language.
- Explore Strasbourg, the delightful capital of Alsace
- Sample fine Pinot Noirs and Reislings in the mountain side vineyards of Vosges
- Tour the fascinating Gres Rose sandstone mountain top village of La Petite-Pierre
- Ride the exhilarating 130 foot-foot boat lift, Plan Incline d’Arzvillor
- Visit Baccarat and other crystal works where craftsmen employ centuries-old techniques on hand cut glassware