Recently updated on March 3rd, 2023 at 02:19 pm
Guidelines for contributing articles and posts.
Please read carefully as these guidelines form the basis of a contract if you submit, and we publish your article.
Write for us. Would you like to write a guest post for lefrancophile.com? You might have a particular interest that you want to share with other Francophiles. A single guest post or a regular series of articles.
We accept articles on any France-related subject that might interest our readers. Our goal is to provide insights into French life, culture, art, history, sights, music, politics, wine, et cetera, in an informative and entertaining manner.
We are looking for interviews, reviews, travel writing, obituaries, vignettes, video, and photography, and all genres are open to contributors. Articles do not have to be encyclopedic. Indeed, they need not include every fact known about your chosen topic. They should be authoritative and informative yet entertaining and tell a story.
- Articles should be between 500 and 1500 words.
- Photo and video essays should be accompanied by at least 300 words.
- We accept articles for consideration in English or French.
- Submission of articles is no guarantee of publication.
- Articles must be original and will be checked for plagiarism.
- Grammar and spelling should be checked but will be re-checked if accepted.
- Articles should not have been published before, including on your website or blog.
- A minimum of three and a maximum of 7 images should accompany your post unless it is a Photo or video essay.
- If you own the copyright to the images or video you provide, and they are published you grant us full licence without any restrictions, to use in perpetuity. All other images need to be public domain or open source and proof will be required.
- Libellous content, hate speech, and religious, sexual or political bias are unacceptable.
- A short biography, 300 words or fewer, should accompany your article.
- An image or an avatar of the author should be included.
- If we accept an article for publication, you will be accredited as the author. Your chosen image or avatar and bio, which should mention your expertise in the subject of your article, will be included in the post.
- We pay our contributing writers 3 € cents per word (1000 words €30). You can forego payment in exchange for a do-follow link from the article directly to your personal website / social profile to help drive traffic and boost rankings. We can link to related articles on your blog and will also feature your post on our related platforms.
- If you are a business or reaching out on behalf of a client looking for a do-follow link to their site, that’s a sponsored post. We do not offer link insertion into old content or publish sponsored posts we don’t write. If you want guest posting or sponsored posts, those are welcome if we approve of your commodity or brand, but they will cost you.
- By submitting your article, you agree to lefrancophile editing your content and, if necessary, translating it.
- Once published, you acknowledge that the article, and translation are the property of lefrancophile.com. You agree to assign copyright to lefrancophile and will not publish the article elsewhere without our written permission and the linked attribution “First published on lefrancophile.com”.